These yummy treats can help:
· Weight maintenance/loss- when you add more protein and fiber to the diet, blood sugar can be stabilized which assists in weight loss or maintenance.
· Increase energy with added protein
· Regulate bowels- Fiber is the stuff that makes bowels work efficiently, it takes toxins out of the body and keeps us feeling full.
Did you know that adults should have at least 25 grams of fiber everyday?
· Satisfy cravings for sweets without adding artificial sugars and other gross stuff which your body doesn’t really want.
· 1 cup ground up nuts (a blender or food processer works best)- nuts provide protein, fiber and fat
· 1⁄2 cup nut butter – nut butter provides protein, fiber and fat
· Optional: 1⁄4 cup cacao powder- Cacao provides magnesium and anti-oxidants.
· Optional: 1⁄4 cup honey, agave or maple syrup (add less if desired)
· Other goodies to add- mix with other ingredients
o Hemp seeds- provides protein
o Sesame seeds- provides calcium and magnesium
o Ground Flax seeds- provides fiber
o Shredded coconut-good fats
o Coconut oil- provides extra good fats for the brain and joints
o Oats- provide fiber and minerals
o Extra dark chocolate
Mix together ingredients in a bowl, roll into balls. If desired, you can roll balls in coconut or ground nuts or seeds. If freezing the balls it works best to freeze balls on cookie sheet, then transfer to a bag. Keep in freezer for 2-3 months (if they last that long- you may want to eat them everyday).